Our main annual event – which has become quite an iconic event – is the WIC Annual Dinner and Debate.
This evening celebrates the achievements of women in the ICT Industry through the WICked Woman of the Year award – and we also announce a scholarship to assist a local young woman who plans to attend university to study technology or engineering.
The evening also provides the Canberra community with the opportunity to socialise, network and enjoy an entertaining night of riotous laughter as our special guests debate this year’s ‘tongue in cheek’ topic:
- Kate Lundy, Patron of WIC
- Brendan Smyth, MLA, ACT
- Julie Dunlap, Vice President, Lockheed Martin
- Tim Turner, Chairman ACT Canberra Branch
- Frances Crimmins, Executive Director, YWCA
- Andrew Bewick, General Manager for Defence, IBM