To be the premier organisation for women in Information and Communication.
A Canberra based non profit organization bringing people together to champion women in Information and Communication.
WIC’s mission as a Canberra based, non-profit organisation is to ”bring people together to champion women in Information and Communication.” In order to meet this mission, the organisation has 5 strategies targeted towards those who support women in this industry. They include:
- To provide events where women in the information and communication industry can network for mutual benefit
- To inspire women in this industry to take their careers to new heights
- To publicly recognise and promote the talents and contributions of WIC members
- To provide a range of activities to increase the participation of women in the information and communication industries
- To have fun! One of the most valuable aims of WIC is to ensure that members, interested associates, supporters and participants have fun. This has been, and will continue to be, a focus in all WIC events and activities.
WIC is run by volunteers who give up their time to ensure the success of the organisation. The volunteers form two groups, the board which provides overall guidance for the group and committees which carry out specific activities.
The board meets once a month to set the direction for WIC activities and manage the day-to-day running of the group. The board is comprised of a president, vice-president, treasurer, secretary and a number of board members. Nomination to the board is open to all WIC members and the election takes place each year at the AGM.
For more information on the current board visit the Board Page.
Each committee is designed to help run specific WIC activities. Membership of a committee is open to all WIC members and you can join at any time.
For more information on committees including information on how to join please Contact Us.